12 killed in rain-related incidents across UP; schools shut in Noida, WFH for Gurugram: Latest developments | India News
Here are the latest developments:
- In the wake of heavy rainfall, all government and private schools from classes 1 to 8 in Noida and Gurugram are shut on Friday.
- The Gurugram Disaster Management Authority advised all corporate offices and private institutions in the district to guide employees to work from home (WFH) to avoid traffic congestion.
- Nishant Kumar Yadav, deputy commissioner, Gurugram tweeted, “Gurugram District Administration has issued advisory for all corporate companies, private institutions to allow their employees to work from home in larger public interest”.
- Four minor orphan siblings are among the 12 killed in rain-related accidents reported from Etawah, Kanpur Dehat and Banda districts. A mud wall collapsed inside their house in Etawah leading to their death.
- The India Meteorological Department (
IMD) has predicted a generally cloudy sky with moderate rain and thundershowers at almost all the areas of Delhi. It issued a ‘yellow alert’.
- In the past 24 hours, the city received 72mm rainfall while the maximum temperature was recorded at 28 degrees Celsius, seven notches below the season’s normal.
- Multiple roads, including the Delhi-Jaipur highway, were submerged in an average of three feet of water.